about me...

My photo
south orange county, california, United States
i have the best family ever! i love them more than anything...i love my lord, jesus christ...i love the beach and i love to junk! i've been married for over thirty years and have two beautiful children... my husband and i love to treasure hunt wherever we travel and i sell at a few local fleas...i'm always on the hunt for that special junk that i can't live without...i love to change "stuff" out in my house...you never know when you will find something from my home at the flea...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

happy birthday to me...

well, it's  the big 50 and i've been dreading this one for a very long time, but my sweet husband is trying very hard to make it painless!
he bought me my dream car...a 1978 volkswagen convertible bug, and it's super fun!
we took it to the beach yesterday and it's so much better travelling around with your top down!!!
and,
he's throwing me a big birthday bash on saturday with all of my favorite people in my life...
i'm so blessed to have steve as my husband!
xoxo

4 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, what a husband! I'm impressed!! Happy Birthday Robin, hope it's a wonderful one. And remember, you are only as old as you feel!
Take care, Sue

Gracefully Vintage said...

Well Happy Birthday (Furniture Queen) love the car-Totally Cute, what a great car for a gal..
Adorable
karryann

Annie Louise said...

Have a wonderful birthday!! Fifty is not bad at all. I am 51 and feel so much more in control of my life--I embrace being 51, plus soon I can start getting Senior discounts:) What a wonderful car to travel around in. Enjoy your birthday and may you have many more wonderful years, filled with joyous memories and good times!
Jeanette

robin de koning said...

thanks everyone...it's truly a great and generous gift and fun to drive around town in...
sue, i can't feel old yet, i still have a teenager!
xoxo