about me...

My photo
south orange county, california, United States
i have the best family ever! i love them more than anything...i love my lord, jesus christ...i love the beach and i love to junk! i've been married for over thirty years and have two beautiful children... my husband and i love to treasure hunt wherever we travel and i sell at a few local fleas...i'm always on the hunt for that special junk that i can't live without...i love to change "stuff" out in my house...you never know when you will find something from my home at the flea...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

rip momma...i will love you always...

today is bittersweet...
after a very long battle with her heart and lungs, the lord took my mom to be with him last night...she fought long and hard to be here on earth with the ones she loved, but it was time to close her eyes and be at peace and not suffer any longer...
i loved my mom so very much and i will always have a special place in my heart for her...
for all of you that were praying for her...thanks so much...i appreciate the love and care you expressed for her and for me and my family...
please appreciate every moment you have with family and friends...time is precious...
xoxo

8 comments:

Erin said...

Robin, my prayers go out to you and your family. May God hold you close and bring you comfort during this time. Hugs, Erin

Sue said...

I was SO hoping for a different journey for your mom. To say "I'm sorry" doesn't quite convey the feelings of my heart, since I too have been where you are now. Please know she is in a better place, and "time" will evenually keep your heart from hurting the way it does now.

Take care, Sue

sweetpea said...

Robin, so sorry for your loss.

Hugs,

Shelley

chateau de fleurs said...

Hi Robin, I'm so sorry to read your blog today and realize your mom has passed.My heart goes out to you and your family. I pray for the Lord's comfort and healing.XO Christie

Annie Louise said...

So sorry to hear of your mom's passing. I hope you find comfort knowing that our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Jeanette

The Attic Girls said...

I'm sorry for your loss Robin. Hoping you find comfort knowing she is now without pain and you will be reunited someday. Hugs to you.

-nancy

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Hello Robin, I am a new follower.
I am so sad that on my first visit I find you are grieving the loss of your mother. Nine months ago I lost my precious grandmother who raised me and was not only my GM but my father, mother, and best friend.
Know that, though we will always miss our loved ones, the Lord is faithful to heal our hearts and give us comfort mainly by reminding us how blessed we are to know that they KNEW HIM as their savior and are now happily in His presence.

Take comfort in HIM, Irma

robin de koning said...

wow! your love and kindness is overwhelming...thanks so much...
my only comfort is that she is with the lord right now...i will miss her and have had moments of thinking, "oh, i got to call mom and tell her..."
i'm sure that will take time...my kids and husband loved her so very much too and we are all hurting, but also are in agreement that she is better off not suffering...
thanks again and i am truly blessed by my friends, family and facebook and blog friends and family...
xoxo