about me...

My photo
south orange county, california, United States
i have the best family ever! i love them more than anything...i love my lord, jesus christ...i love the beach and i love to junk! i've been married for over thirty years and have two beautiful children... my husband and i love to treasure hunt wherever we travel and i sell at a few local fleas...i'm always on the hunt for that special junk that i can't live without...i love to change "stuff" out in my house...you never know when you will find something from my home at the flea...

Sunday, March 29, 2009

when god closes a door, he opens a window...

i just had to share this page from rachel's blog...it's so very true...when god closes a door, he opens a window...
rachel ashwell was my very first inspiration for the white shabby-d vintage furniture, the lovely fabrics with the gorgeous florals...the rugs...i still remember an outing my husband took me on...a trip to rachel's santa monica and malibu shabby chic stores...i think it was november or december...about eight years ago...i was in heaven and he even bought me my first ever rachel ashwell duvet cover which i still have on my bed...i've cherished that thing...i just bought a linen one to use as well...they are fabulous!

i just learned from a very dear friend that she is closing all her stores...that's so very sad...she has fabulous things and she will definately be missed. her stores take my breath away...i walk in and just "awwwwwwww". it's such a treat to spend time looking in her stores and feeling all the fabrics...i will definately have to stop by the newport store here soon and take a last look...
xoxo

No comments: